Membership Model Improvement
Client’s Presenting Problem: An association client had been engaged in a robust direct mail membership cultivation and acquisition program but was minimally utilizing digital channels and sophisticated marketing to grow the membership program.
Our Diagnosis: Our solutions focused on the following:
- Created organizational digital personas based on demographic, behavioral, attitudinal and other key data.
- Created a digital membership renewal campaign
- Launched digital acquisition campaign aimed at the nonprofit’s potential members across their web experience (targeted based on the digital lookalike modeling), coupled with an eAppend strategy
- Website Performance Analysis and site design tweaks
- Pixeling, Remarketing & Retargeting put in place – direct mail audiences were also targeted via these digital strategies.
The Results: After the 1st 6 months of implementation, the campaign resulted in 1,100 membership sign-ups (completely digitally-acquired). This was 63% of projections. More tactical highlights include:
- Acquisition Email Campaign: Tied the direct mail messaging in with email targeting. Reached more than 600,000 email addresses driving a large amount of traffic to the new membership site.
- Ad Retargeting Efforts: More than 18,000 constituents were reached with this strategy, with more than 130,000 impressions driving further memberships
- Revamped Website Membership Form: The website adjustments made based on our technology intel drove up the organization’s conversion rate by almost 30% with a large increase in revenue.